If you take time to do the research, you’ll find that there are numerous studies on the health effects of cell phone radiation that show very disturbing results. But for those of us who have children, there are some studies that really set alarm bells off.
Risk is 5X Greater for Children & Teens
One of the most comprehensive studies on children carried out on the
cell phone – cancer link was conducted by Professor Lennart Hardell et al in Sweden. The results of the study indicate that children and teens are 5 times more likely to get brain cancer if they use cell phones.
In particular, the study showed that people who started mobile phone use before the age of 20 had a five-fold increase in glioma, a cancer of the glial cells that support the central nervous system. They also were five times more likely to get acoustic neuromas, tumors of the auditory nerve that often cause deafness.
Interestingly, the study also showed that the risk from cordless phones was four-fold.
What’s important is to realize that tumors generally take a minimum of 10-20 years to develop. So, although no signs may be showing at this point in a child does not mean that they won’t be a couple of decades down the road.
Why are Children more Susceptible to Cell Phone Radiation Dangers?
There are numerous reasons that children are more at risk when exposed to cell phone radiation:
- Their thinner skull bones allow for greater penetration of cell phone radiation. Radiation can enter all the way into their midbrain, where tumors are more deadly.
- Children’s cells reproduce more quickly, so they’re more susceptible to aggressive cell growth.
- Their brains hold more fluid, allowing for greater absorption of radiation.
- Children’s immune systems are also not as well-developed.
- They face a far greater lifetime exposure.
Why take chances with your children? Be smart and protect them from cell phone radiation dangers as best you can. Find cell phone radiation protection that will help guard against future problems.